Thursday, March 08, 2007

My New Snow Corn Snake!


This is my newest baby. She is only about five months old and doesn’t have a name yet. I will have to come up with something. Any ideas? :) She is my first snake, and she is adapting well to the new vivarium. I am adding more branches for her to climb on when I get the new chameleon cage straightened out.

The Snow Corn Snake (Elaphe guttata guttata) combine the amelanistic and anerythristic type "A" traits, causing them to lack both red and black pigment. Corn snakes make excellent first snakes. They are very inexpensive and are easy to care for, only requiring a feeding once per week. She eats pre-killed small mice which are kept frozen until needed. FYI, I don't kill the mice myself. They are humanely euthanized with CO2 by the mouse breeder when they reach the appropriate size.

Click here to see her pictures!

2 Comments:

At 3/10/2007 11:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey why don't you name her Nike -
for your new lease on life.
Devin

 
At 3/10/2007 12:25 PM , Blogger JFab said...

Great idea, but I don't run in Nikes... I use New Balance and Saucony. :^) Saucony the Snake?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home