Friday, January 09, 2009

Last Semester!

Great news... I was able to get the last three classes I need for my Fire Science degree from a different college than the one I normally attend. So, I am scheduled to take four classes total, for twelve more credit hours this Spring... Fire Service Instructor II, Fire Service Management I, Fire Tactics & Strategy, and Fire Prevention Principles.

The coolest part? I will graduate in May! I am really looking forward to being done for a little while to concentrate on the house and my hobbies again.

Something else I miss when I am in class is recreational reading. I have a couple of books I just started which I am anxious to continue with. One is the John Lennon biography which was released just this last fall, and the other is "Too Fat To Fish" by Artie Lange.



I will be starting on a new Battalion at work next week. I have been promoted to Engineer, which means I will be driving the truck, and filling in as Captain when mine is off. I am assigned to the oldest fire station in town. Though it is the farthest from my house, I enjoy the engine house. I got a decent crew, too, so that makes it all the better.



The band is coming along. Two practices this week. I added a couple of songs which I sill be doing lead guitar and vocals on, so we will see how that all works out. If I don't empty the bar after my song, that's good enough for me. :)

Gonna run for now. It is going to be fifty degrees in the St. Louis area today, and I am stuck inside -- I have to prepare for an exam this afternoon. Blah.

1 Comments:

At 1/09/2009 9:00 AM , Blogger Cotton Boll Cove said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home