Saturday, April 26, 2014

Finally... An update!

I've been a bit sidetracked on the CJ5 project lately. Have not even posted here for nearly two years. But it's not because I've not been working on Jeeps... I just haven't been doing much to the CJ5.

It all started last July when I picked up a 1983 CJ7 "Limited" in need of a tremendous amount of TLC. It has the 4.2L, Auto, Air Conditioning, hard top with factory headliner, color-matched wheels and fender flares, extra sound insulation throughout, and even real leather seats. The Limited was a relatively low-production submodel of the CJ7, and they only made them for two years. When I came across this one, I hadn't ever even heard of a Limited, and I thought that I knew Jeeps.  I thought that the Laredo was the top option package ever offered, and the Limited truly was limited!

This one had been a Colorado Jeep, and had rust repair over the years, but it was clearly losing the battle. It had been sitting outside for ten years on a farm unused, and I thought it could be a quick-and-dirty, in and out mechanical refresh and just drive the '7, warts and all.



As it sat.

I used to own a 1983 CJ7, with manual everything and a T-4 4 speed. It was the second vehicle I ever owned at age 18, and I loved that Jeep! Though I've owned a few other jeeps, that's one that I really loved, and I was getting a chance to own one again.  I couldn't pass it up.


I'll start at the beginning, but I need to stop typing this on the iPad.  It's taking forever. I'll fill you all in on the goings-on of the last couple of years along the way. Stay tuned for updates.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home