Monday, September 13, 2010

Starting Point Pictures of the Willys CJ5

I am taking the opportunity on this post to share some photos of the various parts of the Jeep before I start digging too deeply into it.  This will serve as the basis for a comparison from the start of this journey to what I have at the end of it all.  

As you have read so far, I didn't realize that I was starting this project when it started it.  I have other photos around that actually have all four wheels on it.  I realized partway through the brake job that I had accidentally started my rebuild, so I didn't think to shoot any new photos first.  Luckily, I realized it not long after.  There are a few more pics of the Jeep through the years that I will post as I go.  So, without further ado...

Left rear corner

Right rear corner

Right Side

Front right corner

Front, dead on

Front left corner
Note: I had a friend donate the road signs to me about twenty years ago.   He worked for a highway department -- they are *not* stolen.  :)

Left rear corner, check the old school rollbar

The view from the tailgate

Gauges

Engine, left.  Military-spec wiring block visible on right

Engine, right. Note garden hose oil overflow.


(to be continued...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home