Sunday, March 25, 2007

Ride to Chester, Illinois



It was a beautiful day today, so I decided to hop on the bike and take a ride somewhere. I have a book called Pop Culture Landmarks by George Cantor, which shows interesting spots to visit state-by-state. I found that the closest Illinois landmark to my home was in Chester, Illinois. Chester is the birthplace of Elzie Segar, who created Popeye. There is a statue of him in town. On the way, I stopped for a couple of pictures at the Kaskaskia River (a tributary of the mighty Mississippi) in Evansville, Illinois.

The Popeye statue is right near the bridge into Missouri. I took a couple of shots of that, also.

On the way back, I decided to get some shots at the local Fire Departments. Since it was Sunday, none of the stations were open (since these are not professional departments), but I got some good outdoor shots!

See the pictures here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home