Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Road Trip Day Two: Riding (or Waiting) The Storm Out...

The sound of thunder is never a good thing to wake up to when you are on a road trip across several states and Canada on your motorcycle.

Last night, the hotel clerk asked me if I wanted to park the bike under the overhang. I looked at him kind of funny at first, since I wasn't aware of any rain in the forecast. I asked him, "Are they calling for rain?" He said, "This is Lansing. We are due east of the the lake. You never know what you are going to wake up to." So, I took his advice and parked it in the small, covered area near the front door of the hotel.



And, I will be damned if he wasn't right.

So, I will hang out here, poring over maps and drinking the cruddy free hotel coffee until it passes. (and MAN, is the coffee bad here!) I have a light day today, heading for London, Ontario. Only a couple hundred miles, and I will be there. I see some sun in the distance on the horizon, so I will be on the road again before long.

Rain, rain, go away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home