Sunday, April 08, 2007

One week to go!

Happy Easter!

Only one week to go until the Spirit of St. Louis half-marathon. I have followed the excellent SmartCoach program at Runners World pretty carefully, and I think that I am ready.

I had a pretty tough nine-mile run yesterday because of the weather. It was about 33 degrees with a steady wind of 12 mph and gusts up to 25 mph. It wasn't bad on the way out, as I was running with the wind. It was windy enough that I felt it blowing on my back as I was running away from it. When I turned around, I realized that it was going to be a long way back. :) I did well speed-wise, though. I averaged 8:07 per mile. Here is my Nike+iPod screen:


Anyway, the race is next week, so wish me luck. I will post pictures after all is said and done!

2 Comments:

At 4/08/2007 1:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! You are far more dedicated than me, there is no way I would have run in the cold wind...

 
At 4/08/2007 3:58 PM , Blogger JFab said...

Well, when you have no choice because you are five miles from home with no money and no cell phone... it kinda becomes a survival situation. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home